Friday, February 26, 2010

March Freezer Cooking Day~Monday

I'll be once again, joining MoneySavingMom, and LifeAsMom, for a freezer cooking day!  It has saved me this month!  I am working part time at Kelseas Elementary School, and the 2 or 3 days that I work a week, I am able to pull something out of the freezer, and be free to spend time with my kiddos, while our home cooked goodness is in the oven.  PLUS~the clean-up is miniscule! 

JOIN ME!!!  I promise, for the work you put into planning, and cooking, you will be rewarded ALL month!

Here's my plan:
(trying out some new recipes this time around, so we'll have to see how they thaw, and cook out!  PLUS, I still have some freezer meals left from the January freezer day, so we will be WELL stocked up after this!)

pancakes doubled (using up a mix, will try made from scratch next time)
waffles doubled

Chicken Cordon Bleu x 2 meals worth
Calzones x 2 (recipe coming in a seperate post)
Marinated Chicken x 2 meals worth~cut for kabobs
Layered Enchilada Bake x 1.5 (enough for 2 meals)
Meatballs (1 recipe =app 48 or so=enough for 3 spagetti dinners, & meatball subs x 2!)

Garlic Knots doubled
Drop Biscuits doubled (garlic knots work great frozen, so I'm going to try out the biscuits)
*my crew eats bread like its going out of style*

By Sunday, I will add my 'to-do' list, including the order in which I will handle all the cooking/baking.  Make sure to check back on Monday, as I will be posting updates, (and adorable pictures of my 'little-man' helper!), during the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Saving by the Cartful is intended to be a positive upbeat place; I'd appreciate if your comments are that way too!